Saturday, August 1, 2009

Is Twitter eventually going to evolve into a place to pull information from rather than push information to?

 

Is Twitter eventually going to evolve into a place to pull information from rather than push information to? A place that we can selectively pull content from without relying on email or RSS feeds as vehicles to "Subscribe" to the content that’s important to the user/recipient? Some may argue that “pulling info” is already happening. That’s an opinion I guess, but I think there is more “pushing” than “pulling” going on currently.

I could really see Twitter’s evolution to a content or information “pulling” service as something that’s valuable, timesaving and useful.

Let’s say I’m a grandparent, and I want information on my grandchildren (presented on whatever device). However, I don’t want all of the information on them. I only want selective information. I want information on their grades not their arrest record. Twitter currently uses hash-tags to do this. As a grandparent I would follow my grandchild's family, the  “Smith family” and use the the hash tag “#grades” to get the exact content I want to receive. I think right now we “Tweeters” are lab rats that are helping create something that will be valuable tool (Useful-gadget) in the future.

MJ

Technorati Tags: ,,,

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment